Although my blog is still very young and truth be told I haven’t dedicated as much time to SEO and social media strategies as I should, receiving recognition from other bloggers is so encouraging! I am really honored and have to thank Daniela at The Lost Romanian for the Blogger Recognition Award.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
It’s a way of showing appreciation between bloggers, as we all know how much time, effort and enthusiasm we put into each article. These are the rules:
- The nominee writes a post, thanking the nominator.
- Nominee shares a brief story about how the blog started.
- Nominee shares 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award!
How Jet Set Steph Began
Jet Set Steph began organically as a way to share my travel experiences and tips to friends and family. I hugely value and prioritize travel during my holidays from my full-time job and try to seek out unique experiences and places. I have been fortunate to see many cities around the world and am often approached for advice. After consistently forwarding the same emails from a Gmail folder, I decided to instead publish my travels for all to see in hopes of inspiring more people to book their next trip. I know what it’s like to have only a few days here and there to travel, and I reach readers who are ready for a tried and true fun adventure. Check out Jet Set Steph to see where I’ve been lately!
Advice for New Bloggers
- If you started your blog to receive free hotel stays, trips or other perks, stop now. Blogging is hard work, and it’s already a crowded space. You need to offer something of value to your readers that is unique to your voice. Finding out exactly what that is –after much trial and error – is a labor of love. If the passion isn’t there, it will be evident in your blog.
- Make a plan. When I started, I made the decision on a whim and just hit publish. I didn’t have a real plan or know much about the space (and arguably, still don’t!). Having a consistent content schedule and having a better understanding of SEO from the get go will be tremendously helpful.
Congrats and have fun!
xx Jet Set Steph