Tomorrow is Bastille Day, or la Fête nationale, commemorating the Storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789, which was a turning point during the French Revolution and the Fête de la Fédération the following year that united the French people. A few weeks ago, I was in France with Grey Goose and Soho House, celebrating French culture and how to #LiveYourBestSummer. I took a mixology class with Grey Goose’s head bartender, Barbara, where I learned to make Grey Goose’s refreshing cocktail of the summer, Le Grand Fizz. Enjoy the recipe below to make your own Le Grand Fizz for Bastille Day!
Le Grand Fizz
- Grey Goose Vodka
- St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Soda Water
- In a wine glass, add 1 jigger (1.5 oz) of Grey Goose vodka and half jigger (0.75 oz) of St-Germain.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze one half into the glass and then discard. Cut the remaining half into thirds.
- Fill the glass with ice and then top with soda water.
- Stir well and garnish with remaining lime wedges.
Grey Goose makes amazing flavored vodkas, so feel free to substitute the original with a flavored variety and add the accompanying fruit wedges to match!
xx Jet Set Steph