I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award! I’m so excited and thankful for Kat at Kat’s Gone Global for the nomination. Blogging can be a somewhat reclusive activity, so it’s really rewarding to see when posts make an impact on readers. I love hearing about your travels and comments so feel free to always keep those coming!
About The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers to help introduce newcomers to a wider audience. “Liebster” means kindest in German, which is what this award is all about! The rules of the award include:
- On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
- Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award and uploading the award image in your sidebar.
- Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so we can get to know you better.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve to receive this award.
- Notify the owners of those 5 blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
About Kat’s Gone Global
Kat is an Australian expat living in London, providing useful tips to those looking to travel on a budget or for weekend getaways. She has been to over 40 countries (while still working a 9-5!) and easily breaks down the highlights from each destination. Be sure to follow her adventures on her blog, Facebook, and Instagram.
Questions for Jet Set Steph
What inspired you to create a blog?
I’ve been fortunate to have some incredible travel experiences in my life starting at a young age. I always try and encourage people to travel more and explore this wonderful world of ours. I would get asked for recommendations and highlights from friends and family and figured my personal approach could help guide others when planning their next trip.
What are you currently obsessed with?
I’m currently (re)obsessed with my camera! I purchased my Canon Rebel back in 2013 but have recently looked into more of the features to provide better photos for my blog. After so many years just using an iPhone, the quality of the photos is unmatched.
What is your number one ‘bucket list’ item that you haven’t yet done?
Machu Picchu! I find Peruvian culture fascinating and would love to explore the ruins.
What’s been the weirdest thing you’ve seen?
I probably see more weird things in my current home in NYC 🙂
What home comfort do you miss the most?
When I travel, I miss my two gorgeous Siberian Huskies the most. When will a pet-friendly airline launch??
What has been the most interesting item of food you’ve tasted?
I am a really adventurous eater, but I can’t get beyond the smell of durian to eat it again.
What’s the best piece of travel advice you’ve received?
Just go! Book it and don’t look back – you won’t regret it.
What’s the worst piece of travel advice you’ve received?
Know everything before you go. I am a Type-A planner, and I always do my research before I travel to a new destination. But don’t let that keep you from taking a spontaneous detour upon arrival. Some of the best restaurants and activities I’ve done have been from chatting with locals when on the ground.
What’s the longest you’ve been away from home?
For one trip, I don’t think longer than a couple weeks, but have studied in an abroad program that lasted 6 months in Spain.
Where are you going next?
Bermuda! I actually leave today, so follow along on my social channels to see what adventures I get into.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- If you could only suggest one thing to do in your hometown, what would it be?
- What is the one thing you always take traveling with you?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling?
- What was your most spontaneous trip?
- If you could only travel to one more place, where would it be?
- What is the one travel tip you would give to a new traveler?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- Where was the last place you visited?
Can’t wait to see your answers!
xx Jet Set Steph